Friday, July 13, 2012

What a week!

I mentioned at the start of the week that the hubs and my oldest would be gone all week at scout camp. This is no big deal. My hubs is a hunter so I'm used to him being gone for a few days at a time. I usually try to plan fun things for me and kids to do during the day. And nights are for sewing into the wee hours after the kids go off to bed.


This time I would be minus 1 since the oldest kidlet was going to be gone too. I had plans ya'll! We were going to have a party week. The operative word being "WE".


Unfortunately my kids had other plans and decided to have their mid-summer-breadowns this week. SERIOUSLY!? These two who usually play so nicely together instead were at war. All. Week. Long.
Honestly I think they were bored of eachother.


Of course, there was good times too. In 5 minute increments. Twice, maybe three times a day if I was lucky. A couple of times I left them to "work it out" while I snuck away for an hour to have lunch with the girls. I believe that was my saving grace for the week.


I love these kids. They make me laugh and they give the best hugs. And most of the time they're really good kids. But this week! UgH!

I never thought I would miss the hubs and giant child #1 so bad! We snuck away to a movie this morning (Ice Age Continental Drift- Great Movie!) To pass the time until the guys get home.

And right on cue- my phone just rang to go pick them up. Weeeee!

4 comments:

Yvonne said...

Glad you survived! Your kids look adorable, being naughty sometimes is just a part of growing up....wait till they get teenagers.....!

Cindy Sharp said...

I have a friend who made her squabbling kids clean opposite sides of a slidding glass door until they got over it. She claims it worked every time.

Carla said...

Isn't that the way is goes? You plan for 'We' and end up with you and only 1 of the we part. ;o)

They're getting older.

Wendy said...

I so symphathize with post ... my two are 6 and 7 and it seems as if the 5 minute increments get farther apart as the time goes. I now understand the extreme excitement when school starts ... for the parents!!! Great job surviving!